Aneurysm Community
Calcified splenic aneurysm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Calcified splenic aneurysm

I had a cat scan because of microscopic blood in my urine..  The urologist wanted to look at my kidneys.  I have benign cysts.  He sent me a copy of the cat scan and it stated I also had a 1cmm calcified splenic aneurysm.  The radiologist didn't seem concerned nor did my doctor.  I have been stressing about this for the entire weekend.  Can anyone tell me about this as the articles I've read on the Internet is scaring me to death.  Please help!!
The CT scan report should contain a recommendation from the radiologist.  What was the recommendation?  If he recommended further imaging, I would infer that he has some concerns, either about the aneursym or about something else that he saw.  If, on the other hand, he says something to the effect that he has no concern, and he does not think any further action needs to be taken, then maybe you are in the clear.  Either way, I think I might want another opinion on the matter.  But the report should give you a good idea how big a deal the radiologist thinks it is.
Some aneurysms are not of concern until they reach a certain size.  Possibly this is the situation, here.  But you need more detailed information.