Aneurysm Community
Cavernous angioma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Cavernous angioma

I am a 32 year old male that was diagnosed with a Cavernous Angioma located between the Hippocampus and the internal capsule.   My first MRI revealed 2x1.4 cm hemorrage and my symptoms then were bad pressure headaches for over a week, slight vision blurriness, confusion, fatigue, and irritability.  The past few years before my diagnosis, I remember having headaches for days but just figured I was a headache type of person.  In the past year I have had 2 more confirmed bleeds that were smaller and without the vision problems.  I recently had the same symptoms without vision problems but had a really stiff neck.  I have not gone to the doctor yet and don't know if I need to.  The headaches have been going on for almost a week along with the stiff neck.  In the past year I would estimate that I have a headache about a third of the time with varying degrees of pain.  I have numbness and tingling down my left arm and leg sometimes but I do have a bad back.  Is it possible to have 4 to 5 hemorrages this close together and what are the concerns with having them so often?  My neurosurgeon told me after the third hemorrage that he was 50/50 about proceding with surgery.  Does this area have a successful rate of surgery?  My memory has been horrible since having these hemmorages.  If I do not have surgery and the angioma continues to bleed; can I expect my memory to worsen?  Should I continue playing the waiting game and if I do will I develop any neurological deficiencies?  Thanks for any help!