Aneurysm Community
Cerebral aneurysm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Cerebral aneurysm

I just found out my aneurysm has settled in to my optical nerve (that's what my pcp tells me). He is the only one giving me any answers. Could this be cause of my eyesight getting slowly worse. My pcp also said I have inflamed temporal arteries which if left untreated could cause blindness so he put me on Prednisone in hopes of getting the inflammation down. He also put me on  Metoprolol for high blood pressure.
Hi!
Yes, if you have an aneurysm around your optic nerve, it can cause pressure on the nerve and affect your vision. Also, as your PCP said, temporal arteritis can also affect and steroids are the treatment of choice for it. High blood pressure too can affect vision and hence should be kept under control. You must give up smoking if you do, and reduce your alcohol intake.
Depending on the site and size of the aneurysm, and whether it can be surgically approached or not the surgeon decides whether it is safe to operate or not. Sometimes, the only choice is to wait and watch and intervene if there is a threat for bleed. Please discuss this with your PCP and neurologist/neurosurgeon. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.