Aneurysm Community
MRI Detection; Aneurysm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

MRI Detection; Aneurysm

I think I posted this in the wrong thread before...

Hi All. I'm new here and I've had a lot of help just by browsing forums in the past so I decided to join up :)

I had a question, I've been having some neurological issues lately and have been through some fun tests and a couple things have popped into my head.

I know the MRA is the gold standard, but...I've had 2 scans of my head. One was just an MRI no contrast, then another MRI w/wo contrast.

My question is...would these scans have picked up on an aneurysm? or another type of vessel issue? I asked my Neuro what shows up with contrast and all he responded with was "There was no aneurysm".

I can't seem to find an answer. I hear yes and no. I just would like to know if anyone has some wisdom on this topic. Thanks!
Countless aneurysms have been found using MRI's so I think it is safe to say that you are in the clear for larger aneurysms.  Can a aneurysm grow in the meantime? yea that is possible but I guess it all depends what your symptoms would be.  If that is something you want to share, maybe we can collectively shed more light.  
Ed
Thank you for the response, Eddie.

I woke up with a terrible headache and ear pain the night of thanksgiving and then pretty much nothing until January. I had dizziness/vertigo sensations, headaches all over, pins and needles throughout my head, racing heart, tingling in the face.  This was January 3rd, urgent care and my go said eustachian tube dysfunction. Went n on vacation two days later and the same episode happened but worse!  With nausea and continued into the next day. Ended up going to the emergency room and my blood pressure and heart rate were high. Everything went down and when I came home from vacant I had to follow up with gp.

This has lead  to seeing a neurologist, opthomalogist, and my last mri was on February 6the I've been on topomax (topamax) for a month now. They believe I have pseudotumor cerebrospinal, and I just had a spinal tap to confirm last week.

Sorry for the long response! :) in just wanted to give some background. Its been quite the journey and I'm still not sure I understand  it. So that's why I'm asking to rule out other neurological disorders for my own sanity.
Sorry for all of the spelling issues. My phone likes to correct things for me. LOL.