Aneurysm Community
Mild dilatation ascending aorta?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mild dilatation ascending aorta?

I am recently getting over pneumonia and at the Urgent Care Facility they ordered a Cat Scan with contrast die to rule out a blood clot in my lung. That was negative but I received a copy of the report in the mail today with a note to follow up with my family physician. Here's the entire report:
Findins:  On the axial and multiplanar post-contrast images, no suspicious filling defects detected in visualized portions of pulmonary arteries.  Lung ares clear. No pnemonthorax or pleural effusions are evident. Heart size is normal. No pericardial thickening or peridcardial effusion was evident. There is dilatation of the ascending aorta with maxiumu transwerse dimension 3.7 cm. No evidence for aortic dissection. No adenopathy detected. No abnormal dilatation or abnomral thickening of the esophagus was evident.
Conclusion:  No acute process. No eivdence for pulmonary elboli. Mild dilatation ascending aorta.
I will be calling my PCP Monday morning to follow-up. But what I'm wondering is if this has aything to do with my abdominal pain, discomfort and nausea? Also I'm freaking out as to what this really means????? I do have chest pains and shortness of breath on exertion????
Thanks for any info. God bless. Mama America