Aneurysm Community
Neck aneurysm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Neck aneurysm

What is the treatment plan for neck aneurysm? Can I lead a normal life after treatment without restrictions? I'm a 36 year old female who has positive signs and symptoms of neck aneurysm but waiting on conformation by mra. My cousin died at the age of 27, my maternal grandmother and both grandfather died of aneurysm. I did had valve repair surgery as a child. What was thought to be a neck mass turned out to be aneurysm.  I would like some more information to what I'm going to be facing after mra.
Hi!
In all probability you have an external carotid artery aneurysm. This needs to be treated as it can increase the risk of stroke and embolism. Hence either traditional aneurysm bypass surgery or stenting will have to be performed. Your doctor will discuss in detail after MRA. All the best! Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.