Aneurysm Community
Popping in Temple: Is this an aneurysm? REALLY REALLY SCARED

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Hi.. umm I'm a hypochondriac, so anytime I feel pain or weird feelings in my head I call 911 or go to the hospital. They either check me out with a CT scan or shoo me away telling me I don't have one. HOWEVER today was different sensation than any of them and I can't calm down because I keep thinking it might have been an aneurysm that popped but clotted or something and it's gonna rupture again and kill me...

I was sitting at KFC with my friend talking when suddenly I had a pop in my temple. I felt it, heard it, and it echoed. It didn't feel like any normal pop. It felt like an elastic band snapping, almost what I'd think a vein popping would feel like.It had a slight pain to it but nothing serious. Immediately I freaked out and asked my friend to drive me to the fire station. This was around 7pm...

I freaked out at the fire station but they took my vitals and said they don't think it was an aneurysm that I'm fine and don't need to go the the hospital.

Now it's 5am and I'm still freaking out thinking any second now my life could be over.

I NEED TO KNOW is this an aneurysm? Can anything else pop like that in the temple in that feeling? I'm deathly scared >.<
Rely on the CT scan advice.  Your overthinking this.  Maybe a course in anatomy might be helpful so you can see how everything fits together.  You and I have numerous muscles and ligaments throughout our head and sometimes it just feels like a snapping sensation at times because we overstretch a certain thing.  Try to relax.