Aneurysm Community
Possible Aneursm?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Possible Aneursm?

Firstly, I'm a 20 year old smoker who is roughly 120 pounds, 5'6. I been house bound for a year because I suffer from a severe case of postural orthostatic tachycardia. My current symptoms started about two weeks ago when I was reading a book. My tounge started to vibrate and befor I knew it my mouth and cheek were numb. This came and went over a course of four days. In the mean time, I developed a slight pressure in the back of my head, that developed into a horrible pressure all over. Now I'm getting tightness and tingling in my forehead and well as eyebrew twitching. On a scale of 1-10, the discomfort is a 10. I also have a slight tingle in the back of my head. I feel so tired all the time and my eyes feel pretty strained. I also feel like I cnt think clearly almost likea have a flu without typical symptoms. I went to my regular doc a few days ago who did absolutly nothing, he just sent me to get my B vitamin checked, which I havnt got around to yet. What could be going on? I really don't think sinuses, but who knows. NO runny nose or non of that.
I also want to add that I am suspose to start Cardiac Rehab this week and I'm scared that this is going to cause something to burst.The tingling in my forehead is  deep under the skin also
Same exact thing happened to me! I just posted a similar question 5 minutes ago. I had a brain mri done for possible ms. Told the doc about face numbness, pressure pain exc. So when I got the mri they called me and said I have a 3.5mm aneurysm and need to get a ct scan to confirm before they perform surgery. The ct scan came out as normal. What shocked me is that my inserence and Drs said there is no reason to investigate the mri scan further and it must have been a speck of dust that gave the false positive.

To make a story short, still have numbness and pressure, eye twitching exc. Who knows if there is something in my brain or not, kaiser doesn't care.
wow! I went to the ER and had a noncontrast CT which was clear, was told nothing to worry about, yet I'm still having this symptoms. Nonstop this whole month :(
Im going to try and get an mri and a MRA done. Have you had a MRA? I heard those are what are used to detect brain anyersms
Wow, you all are not alone. I think there are alot of Dr.s out there who need to find new jobs. I mean how the hell would they be able to sleep at night knowing that they possibly send patients home to their death by not checking them out for such strange and painful...possibly serious symptoms? All i've got to say is that I hope you all get the medical care you need and get these awful symptoms to stop. I'm in the same boat. My right temple is hurting , have a migraine,shooting pains and it feels like i've got all the heart attack symptoms,short of breath, chest pains, pressure and yet the Dr. just sent me home with a prescription to antacids saying he thinks it just might be gerd!!! It's like well don't you think we should find out for sure so I don't run the risk of possibly dying?!? Quack wannabe Dr. needs a new job!!! Sorry to vent it's just I don't take this lightly when we get blown off with such possibly serious symptoms. Sounds like it's time for us to find new Dr.s!!! Good luck to you all. May we all find peace,treatment and relief from these issues.
hi i'v just read your comment - sounds a little similar to me.  in March this year i started with face numbness and twitches, pins and needles on left side of my face and black spots in my left eye.  i'v had 2 mri scans and i'v been told now that i have a 3.5 mm anuersym.  i waiting now to go back to see the specialist.  at first i was told that i simply had migraine auras !!!