Aneurysm Community
Severe Dizziness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Severe Dizziness

I have a coil 9mm x 7mm in my basil artery and 2 clamps behind right ear. I fell last November and got knocked out for a time. Went to ER and found out I had Severe Concussion. Now when I lay and get up I get so very dizzy and even when standing up from sitting position.  I can just be sitting and everything goes sideways! What is your thought on this? I can't afford to keep going to ER or specialists.
Hi!
Dizziness that comes with change in position can be due to three main causes. This dizziness could be due to postural hypotension (blood pressure falling with change of position), internal ear problems and cervical spondylitis or compression of cervical spinal nerves. All these cause dizziness when you get up from lying down position or when you change position that results in a change in the level of your head. Cervical spondylitis and ear problems also cause dizziness on changing the position of the neck.
In your case it could also be related to your surgeries or to traumatic brain injury. I am sorry, but a definitive diagnosis is not possible on net. You’ll need to discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you for the answers.