Sharp Intermittent Pain on Top of Head
Hi,  I am a healthy 42 year old female.  For the past year now I have been getting these sharp pains on the right side top of my head.  They are ALWAYS in the exact same spot.  Last for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and really hurt.  I have read all about ice pick headaches but the pain sounds different.  My blood work and brain MRI were normal.  My worry is that this pain is an aneurysm warning sign.  Could the doctor have missed something?  It does not happen everyday.  I would say it happens 5 to 10 times per month.  I am scared and want to go back to the doctor, but he told me everything came back normal.  Thanks for any advice or insight.:)
Hi!
It is very difficult to diagnose a headache on net. Sinusitis, refractive errors of the eye, migraine, cluster headaches, brain tumors, high blood pressure, tension headaches, temporal arteritis, pinched cervical spinal nerve, TMJ, poor or disturbed sleep etc are several causes of headaches. Dental pain and ear ache due to infection or impacted wax can cause similar symptoms. Needless to say, a persisting headache should be investigated.  
Sudden onset headache can be migraine, tension headache, benign intracranial hypertension, brain tumor or due to high blood pressure.
Please consult a headache and migraine specialist to rule out these causes one by one.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!