Aneurysm Community
Signs on AAA?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Signs on AAA?

I am a 25 year old male in decent health, however I have noticed visible pulsations in my abdomen when lying on my back for at least a year now. I have no significant medical history with no high blood pressure, and have normal cholesterol and do not have a family history of aneurysms or heart disease. I also do not smoke and am not significantly overweight with a BMI of 26. I am wondering whether this pulsating is a sign of an abdominal aortic aneurysm or is this normal for a young male?

Thanks for your help.
Tags: AAA, signs, Health
Hi Mike.
Since your family has a history of heart disease, & aneuridms, i would go to a specialist. You r still young, & you never know, you might just be asymptomatic, which means you dont show signs of being ill, or having visable signs of having such a disorder, but in actuality you r actually ill.
I use to have a BMI, of under 7. I think it was actually 3. I use to go to the gym, every day, for over an hour, & run around to each station, & lift trenebdously large weights for my weight, so all the doctors thought i was in wonderful shape. I even had a stress test without contrast, & it ws symple to pass, but 10 years later, i was having strokes. 11 YEARS, & I HAD A MASSIVE HEART ATTACK! To make a long story short, had another stress test, with contrast, & that doctor, just laughed, cas it still was easy to pass. I left the hospital, & could not figure out how to get out of the parking lot!(it was a small parking area. Then i had to drive home only 11 miles, but i kept praying i would make it home alright. I get a phone call, 3 days later, & my PC, told me i flunked the test?!! I told him, u must be mistakenned? He goes, 'NO'. You flunked it. They just read your scan, & you have heart disease! I guess i did, it was 99 percent blockage, BUT, I did have very high chlesteral. Have you had it checked lately? Your still young, & u have better chances of recovery, being young. I was not so lucky, & ended up with CAD. 11 Years had passed, i had a stent put in, but it still took over a year to get a little better, BUT, this year, i started to get worst headackes possible, & ended up with an anueism, eye problems, strokes, complete numness on my right side. This is just some of my problems. It looks like i might have ended up with hydrocefious, also.(water on the brain) If ur chlesteral is normal, then ask to see if they will give you a CBC.(complete blood count) I wish u best, & please get that check-up. If everything seems normal, then all i can suggest is going on a special healthy diet, & walking is good, if you cant work out. I am no doctor, but have had a lot of disorders, but unfortunately, they were discovered to late! WOOPS, sorry i just re-read ur health, & it looks well? Maybe you could see a specialist in neurology, otherwise it could be just that u r worring, but i would definately go for a second opinion! Wish u the best!