Aneurysm Community
Strong pulse instomach

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Strong pulse instomach

For a few months now I have been feeling a strong pulse in my abdome, just above the bellybutton. When I lie down on my back I can see a small area of my abdomen moving up and down. I went to my doctor and i had an abdominal ultrasound, which was normal. Could the ultrasound miss an Aortic Aneursym?
i have the same thing, and it's worried me constantly. unlike you, i haven't had an ultrasound for that specific reason, but i have had ultrasounds in that area for other issues and a ct scan, but it didn't give me any peace of mind because i always thought they would miss it since they aren't looking for it.
as far as i'm concerned, i hear this is pretty normal. especially if you are on the thin side and/or have little fat around that area. it can also mean you just have a strong, well working heart.
i wouldn't be so worried since you did get an ultrasound on that area, i think you're okay.