Aneurysm Community
Sudden bruising on all my fingers/fingertips?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

I recently returned home from dining out and noticed that when I came home I suddenly had a sharp frontal headache, stomach discomfort with a severe diarrhea episode. Upon leaving the bathroom, I noticed that ALL of the fingers on only my right hand had begun to immediately bruise in spots on both the front and back and had swelled up quite a bit.

I really don't feel any pain on my fingers, and I don't recall any sort of sudden trauma to my hand recently, but I've never experienced anything like this before. I tried doing some research to see if bruising could be related to food allergies and found no connection.

I'm putting a cold compress on my fingers and I took a benadryl to hopefully help with the swelling, but I don't know if I should seek immediate medical attention or just play it by ear. Anyone know what would cause something so suddenly?
Hope you got your answer to this from someone, preferably a specialist.

I have had spontaneous bruising and it has been around times I have been on prednisone.  My doctors said it was related to that.

I have extreme food allergies.  It can cause a lot of symptoms and problems.  The diarrhea definitely sounds like it along with the headache and stomach problems.  Hopefully you have gotten answers by now.  If not, start keeping a journal of what you eat and how you feel, etc. after the meals.  Sometimes the offending allergen has been ingested even days before, so it might not have been something you ate while dining out that night.