Aneurysm Community
Tight carotid arteries?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Tight carotid arteries?

I am a 19 year old female and about five days ago I started to get this tight feeling in the front of my neck, around the throat area, like my carotid arteries were inflated or something. At first I thought it would just go away but it's already been five days and the sensation has not gone away. At the same time my eye began twitching and that also has not stopped. About two to three weeks ago I started having burning headaches in one area in the back of my head along with relentless dizziness and since then the ongoing headaches and dizziness seemed to have subsided (though I still get the occasional pain in the same spot or a quick bout of dizziness). But now I'm having this problem with my neck and sometimes I get scared that the blood is fighting to get through the arteries and that at some point it might get blocked all together and I'll pass out or worse. I also developed a painful stitch under my right arm, specifically on the ribs themselves. Not sure if that has anything to do with anything, but that too comes and goes. Is this a sign of some kind of aneurysm or some other problem? I'm not sure what to think and am scared that if it IS serious I'll be too late to do anything about it. Any suggestions? :(