What does an Aneurysm look like on an MRI
Was wondering if anyone can describe what an aneurysm looks like on an MRI with contrast.  I had a brain mri w/wo contrast and there is a rather strange pic, not been read yet by radiologist but neurologist said when I asked said something about it being a collection of contrast material.  Looks like a round ball with another sort semi round "something"  attached and the vascular areas around it are lit up as well.  Cant describe very well. Im assuming the neurologist would know if it were an aneurysm or something abnormal you would think.

any thoughts?

thanks,
missy
I had 4 aneurysms clipped on the right side of my head on April 30, 2009. I had an MRI done about a month before the surgery along with a cerebral angiogram about a week after the MRI. I do have a picture of the aneurysms from the MRI which I could show you but I don't think I can attach it to this message. The MRI was very clear showing the aneurysms but the angiogram was 100% better, it showed them in a 3D kind of way. If you would like me to send you the MRI pictures, let me know where to send them and I would be happy to do it.
Sincerely,
Valerie
Right after I sent you the first message about my MRI, I figured out that I could upload the picture to my profile, which I did. So you won't have to send any info on where to send the MRI as it's on my profile page. I hope it helps to answer your question. Also you will see that I circled the aneurysms on the MRI picture to better see where they were.
Valerie
Hi valerie,
thanks for the pic,  thats and MRI wth contrast pic?  Oh my mine doesnt look anything like that.  The stuff on mine look like rather large spots, with lit up vascular areas but neurologist says they are not lesions, that they are nothing.  But I was just curious as they dont look like "nothing" to me.  I will have the radiologist report tomorrow or tuesday so i'll find out for sure then I guess.

thanks again
missy