Aneurysm Community
aneursym help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

aneursym help

hi guy just wont to no a few things i am a 20 year old mail smoker the past few months i have been having headaches on an of and for the last 1 to 2 years iv been having sharp pains in my head i went for a ct scan to day without the dye and all woes ok seen my doc and said that there is no resin for an MRI now the thing is my dad had 2 aneursyms and his doc has told him it could run in the family mind you not one person has had any all my doc says it is steers and anxiety what do yous think i should do
Hi!
Well, aneurysms can be caught on a CT scan too. So maybe there is no reason to fear if the CT was normal. In smokers the commonest reason for headache are nicotine withdrawal and high blood pressure.
It is difficult to diagnose the cause of headaches on net. Sinusitis, refractive errors of the eye, migraine, cluster headaches, brain tumors and aneurysms (quite likely it is ruled out), high blood pressure, tension headaches, temporal arteritis, pinched cervical spinal nerve, TMJ, poor or disturbed sleep etc are several causes of headaches. Dental pain and ear ache due to infection or impacted wax can cause similar symptoms. Needless to say, a persisting headache should be investigated.  Please consult a headache and migraine specialist to rule out these causes one by one. Take care!
Hi!
Thank you for your repley I do have quit bad eye sight so could it be that causing the sharp pains and headaces? I no you can't give me a 100% word but just some more advice on it will be good hope to here from you soon
Yes, it can be a cause. Do get your eye sight checked to see if the power has changed. Take care!
I had them tested a year ago and woes told I needed glasses so I got some then got them tested a few weeks age and eyes have got worse the doc said he doesn't no how I am still walking around as they r bad
Can you plz tell me what this means if I have a full on aneurysm or a start of one or or there is nothing there but thay won't another scan to mack sure this is the report from the MRI I have asked to docks an all thay say thay don't think I have much to worry about but if that woes the case the MRI wold be clear and I woldent need any other test here is the report

There is significant mucosal swelling in regards to both maxillaary sinuses.

A normal grey wite matter differentiation is noted.internal csf spaces are unremarkble without evidence of dilation of effacement.no intra or extre mass lesions are seen and there is no mid line shift.a small number of periventricular white matter lesions is visualised measuring up to 3mm in size.

There are no areas of restricted diffusion on the performed DWI sequence.

MRA of the circle of willis suggest some proninence of the basilar artery distally to the origin of the AICAs and proximally to the origin of the superior cerebellar arteries and PCAs. Prominence up to 4.5mm is demonstrated. Maximal calibre of the basilar artery proximally and distally to this is 2.8mm.
MRA is otherwise unremarkable without evidence of AVM, vessel occlusion or stenosis.

CONCLUSION:
Some segmental prominence of the basilar artery is demonstrated as described above. This may be due to early fusiform dilation or may respesent fenestration.
Further differentiation uf unfortunately not possible by MRA but please condider CTA of the COW as for better resolution.
Otherwise normal appearance of cerebral structures.
There is futher evidence of significant bilateral maxillary sinusitis.