Aneurysm Community
anomally vessel

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

anomally vessel

Hello

Not sure if anyone knows anything about this but I had a ct scan done the ohter day and they found an anomally vessel about 4mm ont he left side of my head.  Doctor doesnt seem to concerned about it as he says it could have been there since birth.  Im going for a MRI to make sure.  Im a little concerned about it becasue I get numbness and headaches and cold sensation on the left side but the doc doesnt care.  Does anyone know anything about this??  Should I go for a 2nd opinion.  Does says most the symphoms are anxiety.  Im not sure tho.  is a 4 mm vessel able to pop or turn into a aneurysm??  Any adivice would be great !
Anyone?
I'm thinking the word may have been "anomalous," which just means unusual.  It doesn't mean good or bad.  It just means you have something that is unusual.  Structures that are unusual can still be normal.  Can you post any more detail from the report?  For instance, if you have the actual written report, there should be a section toward the end that says IMPRESSION, or something like that.
Or maybe it said that you have a "vessel anomaly."  Anomalous is the adjective, and anomaly is the noun.  Either way, it just means there is something that is unusual.  Evidently, you have a blood vessel in your head that is unusual in some way.  It is not necessarily good or bad, unless the doctor stated or implied that it is.  If you can post more information directly from the report, feel free.