Aneurysm Community
cyst or aneurysm index finger

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

cyst or aneurysm index finger

I have a painful cyst that lies under a large vein between my knuckle and first joint of my left hand index finger. Either that or it is an aneurysm. The vein looks like a balloon that is about to pop. Is this a difficult surgery if it is an aneurysm and not a simple cyst?
Hi!
Neither the surgery for cyst nor for aneurysm of a blood vessel in your index finger is difficult. However, correct diagnosis is important. For this your doctor will perform a clinical examination and may send you for a colored dopplar ultrasound or for a MRI. The treatment of either is surgery. Another possibility is that the swelling is an abscess that is about to pop and drain the pus. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!
Thanks for your comments. I had my surgery today and it was not a cyst but an aneurysm. The doctor tied off the vein and said it was an easy job (superficial), but he was surprised to find it was not a cyst.