Aneurysm Community
headace after aneurysm coiling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

headace after aneurysm coiling

on 8-4-10 i had coiling surgery on one of three aneurysm's that where found  after a brain scan , i have had headaces , sore neck , blurred vission in just my right eye ever since , last week i went to the university of michigan for test's and they said they found a problem with my " occipital nerve " on my right side , they want to do a nerve block this week wednesday  and talk about what to do with the other two aneurysms , i was told there two small to coil thats why the only coiled one , my question is this , has anyone else had coiling surgery and then have the headace m sore neck and blurred vission after ? thanks for your help
I had coiling with stent done on 11 Jan 2011 for an unruptured 8.5mm right ICA aneurysm and had really bad headaches for nearly 2 weeks after.  I reckon with the insertion of the stent and coiling, some trauma could occur and also the contrast dye always gives me headache. Possible that the intensity of the headache is worse due to these 2 factors.  I am headache free now and have the odd headache here and there but very tolerable.
I had a aneurysm coiling and stent once and then a second coiling a month later because the hospital had to order more coils due to the size of the aneurysm (big one).  It has been almost one year six months and I still suffer from very extreme headaches.  I have seen the best that Mayo has to offer and no help.  At this point I have asked to have the coiling removed as it is up against my brain stem and did not shrink as they had hoped after the surgery.  But they will not remove as I would have less then 40% chance of making it through the surgery.  I must say that living like this is worse.  The quality of life scale has tipped.
I just had a stent and 2 coils done 3 weeks ago. I notice my headaches are really bad when it rains a lot. I still get some severe headaches at least 3-4 days a week. My Dr. Told me I would till the aneurysm dried up. He said about 90 days or so. I hope he's right