Aneurysm Community
interesting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

interesting

my brother was told last week  that he has a brain aneurysm (dont know what type yet) but he read that siblings should be checked and he was asking me qquestions like do i get severe headaches and over the past 10 yrs i have and they seem to be getting worse (bad enough i get in a fetal position). he asked if i get blurry vision, and i answered not alot but if i drive at night and see car lights i go completely blind to where i cant see nothing at all.  a few months ago something weird was happening where i would just go blind for about a couple min. (kind of felt like i was in tunnel vision but couldnt see nothing and my mind would go blank) the first time i didnt know what happened till i snapped to my son saying dad......then i slowely noticed that that i'd be doing something and it would happen and when id come to it be sometime later. like id start filling up my gas tank and iyt would happen but bout time i came to my senses my tank be full, seemed like id only put a $1 worth in my truck. so my question is, should i be concerned about an aneurysm? i have noticed changing emotions left and right, but always figured that as getting old, lol. and a few years ago i wrecked a dirt bike pretty bad where i stayed in the bed for about a week cause everytime i stood up i would get dizzy and vomit or black out........thnx for your help!
Whether you have a brain aneurysm, brain tumor, migraines, or something else, you need to go to a neurologist as soon as possible to get evaluated and ask for a brain MRI to look for abnormalities ... if they see any hint of an abnormality with a blood vessel,they may want to order an MRA/MRV, which is an MRI looking specifically at the blood vessels in your head- if you have one of these episodes where you lose your vision again or another severe headache, don't wait for the appointment, go to the emergency room.

Also, you may want to get thyroid function tests done to be sure that there is not imbalance with that, as thyroid hormones being off can be one of a number of potential causes of emotional disturbances.  And, if you find that you are losing your peripheral vision, you may want to go get evaluated by an endocrinologist, including hormonal tests and getting a specially dedicated to the pituitary dynamically done MRI to check for adenomas, etc..  

Since you've been having visual disturbance, a field of vision test from a neuro-opthamologist may be helpful too.
are you saying im not right in the head? lol me going is in the workings, thnx!!!!!!!!!
Glad you are planning to go get evaluated.  And don't let the doctor tell you the results of the MRI  of your head is they didn't find anything- you've got a brain in there! :0)