Aa
A
A
Close
1519485 tn?1318870773
mom had aneurysm 6 years ago
Mom had an aneurysm 6 years ago. Somehow she felt 'weird' and called an ambulance. Died twice on the operating table and was induced into a coma for 2 months. They implanted some sort of metal coil in her brain where it was.
My question, is whether they are hereditary or not. A friend said her family has a run of them through her aunt and cousins, but another Doctor said it was never hereditary.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Genetics do play a role but so do heath risk factors such as smoking, excessing weight, high blood pressure.  Genetics plays a role in my wife's family.  I've suggested that my Sister-In Laws be screened - but that's up to them.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1519485 tn?1318870773
Thanks for the answer, I am not in contact with her so was never really told much. It would explain the strange death of my Great Aunt as well years ago. I was a child , but she died after a small intense headache on  the way to the hospital.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I believe genetics play a role aneurysma also run high in my immediate family however I believe environmental factors are more important you might have a genetic disposition of weakness in  blood vessels however if you do not smoke and keep blood pressure at normal limits I believe you can delay the process or even not experience it. Best wishes......
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Aneurysm Community Resources