Aneurysm Community
progressive numbness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

progressive numbness

I am a 57 year old female who experienced 2 brain aneurysms in 2007 (both successfully coiled) and a smaller third aneurysm which was too small to coil at the time.  I went in the hospital (2009) to coil the 3rd and had a stroke during the proceedure.  I was back at work within a couple of months and all seemed fine.  Over the past year I have had progressive numbness starting in my left foot (toes) which has travelled up my leg and backside area.  After both aneurysm hospital stays I had severe lower back pain and spasms.  After the first aneurysms I had scan to see if there was anything detected to cause the back spasms.  Nothing showed up.  I still, on occassional, experience quick catching excruciating pain in lower to middle back which literally takes my breath away for a second or so then passes.  I am concerned in that my Mother died of ALS back in 1986 but do not see similar symtoms (symptoms) listed on the ALS website.
Would this possibly be nerve damage or blockage from the aneurysms or stroke (2009)?  I lost my job of 12 years in Nov. 2011 and no longer have health insurance. I would otherwise see a professional asap but thought I would check with your website before proceeding with medical visit.  Thank you for your time in this matter.
I would get to a doctor as soon as possible.  My husband was in the hospital recovering from coiling of 1 aneurysm and he had a grand mal seizure.  What he said just before the seizure was "Oh my back".  I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but please have it checked out.  After all you have been through it's just not worth it to take any risks.
I should also say that he did have another smaller aneurysm which they were waiting to coil.