Aneurysm Community
suspected aneurysm in mri but nothing in ct scan

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

I'm a 22 year old lady with a history of crystal meth use. I've been clean 7 years of the drug. Recently I got a brain mri because they were testing for ms. The next day I got a call saying I had a 3.5mm aneurysm and I needed a ct scan to confirm it before they set me up far surgery. So got the scan and they said I was clear, no aneurysm. Went back to my regular Dr and they told me certain scans (ct vs mri) show different things and that there must be a 'dust spot' when the scan was being done. I took it as bull and asked to look more into what was in that mri scan... They told me there is no need to investigate further. I have kaiser, that should explain some with how they treat people.

I have face numbness, what do I do?
Hi!
Common cold, sinusitis, ear infection, sensory nerve compression, peripheral neuropathy as in diabetes, inflamed wisdom tooth, impacted wisdom tooth, dental caries, etc  can all cause facial numbness and pain. They can also cause ear numbness that spreads to face.
Hemi facial numbness is also seen in Bell’s palsy, trigeminal neuralgia where a spasm may cause numbness, or due to acoustic neuroma which is a benign tumor of the eighth cranial nerve. You need to get these conditions investigated.
Yes, at times MRI and CT reports differ. A CT scan is more diagnostic in aneurysm. If the conditions I mentioned above are ruled out, then you can ask for another comparative study of the two radiological scans. Take care!