Aneurysm Community
vascular
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

vascular

I went to the hospital for an angiogram. In the procedure room I was told it could not be done because my creatinine was too high at 2.0 and the dye would damage my kidneys, but the hospitals pre surgical testing said 2.0 was acceptable and my primary doctor gave me clearance. my vascular surgeon said my ceatinine was too high for the dye and he wants me to go to a nephrologist. How can my creatinine be acceptable for one test and not another? And shouldn't the surgeon have contacted the hospital and my primary doctol and made them aware of this? I take benicar hct for blood pressure, Zocor for cholesterol and welchol packets for triglycerides and low dose aspirin recommended by my cardiologist. I read online that benicar, zocor, welchol and aspirin can raise my creatinine. Is this true? I need advice of what to do next. Also this is for Peripheral arterial disease and is an angiogram necessary,I am also concerned about the risks, is there an alternative to an angiogram, and is the one done via the arm less riskier than the groin? thank you