Aneurysm Community
waking up dizzy feeling scary? head feeling weird.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Okay a couple of times this year like about four times ive woke up with this weird scary dizzy spells. like in the middle of the night i would be dreaming. waking up and felt very dizzzy. my heart beatting fast for some reason idont know. the dizzzy ness feeling is like my head area my "vision" moving like a bobble head but left and right feeling fast very fast. its very scary and its like i have to get in touch with reality or something feels like i can't stop it.  it happens for like a scary ten minutes non stop.  The thing that scares me is the dizzy ness feeling like my head moving left to right even if i am not moving my head. i try to breathe in and out.   one time i taught i almost had to go to the hospital my parents were worried and they helped me get through the feeling. my parents told me that it might have been a stroke??

could this be a stroke dizzy feeling/???

these experiences i had where very scary and i just want to know what did i really feel what caused the wired dizzy uncontrolable bobble head feeling left to right.also i feel a little shaky heart beating irregular?
and i feel some weird lightheaded feeling in my head. like my head is a little pumping

Today morning i feel that again, scared feels like lightheaded. the whole day yesterday i felt very weird weak/moodswings and almost not like myself, deep tired/sadness feeling.  before i went to sleep i took ibuprofen pills. also before sleeping i had this feeling when laying down like my head is a little pounding  feeling vision moving with it when still.  now im awake because i woke up from almost a dream that i was going to be dizzy.

my heart beating very fast, woke up with the fan in my face my throat feel weird like cold. also slight pounding in my head feeling like its moving when very still.. scared that i might get this stupid dizzy feeling again.

anybody please give me a clue in what i might be dealing with its very scary life threatening. could it be a stroke ????
Hi!
There are many causes of dizziness, lightheadedness, passing out, blackouts etc. It is difficult to comment without examination. I am just enumerating the possible causes. You can discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Dizziness could be due to postural hypotension (blood pressure falling with change of position), internal ear problems and cervical spondylitis or compression of cervical spinal nerves. All these cause dizziness when you get up from lying down position or when you change position that results in a change in the level of your head. Cervical spondylitis and ear problems also cause dizziness on changing the position of the neck.
Other causes are anemia, claustrophobia, GERD, hypoglycemia or low sugar and some endocrine problems. Endocrine problems, such as an underactive thyroid (called hypothyroidism), overactive thyroid (called hyperthyroidism), adrenal insufficiency (called Addison's disease), low blood sugar levels, and in some cases, diabetes, may lead to hypotension and hence lightheadedness and an off balance feeling.
Certain types of epilepsies and seizures too can cause similar symptoms. If you have an accompanying headache then you must also look at benign intracranial hypertension. Heart problems too should be ruled out in your case. If all other tests are normal, maybe an ECHO should be done to rule out mitral valve prolapse. Patent foramen ovale too could be the cause (commonly known as hole in the heart). It can also be chronic fatigue syndrome if all other causes are ruled out. A brain lesion too can cause dizziness but often there are other neurological signs such as numbness, tingling, loss of function of a limb etc. So, less likely in your case!
Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.