Anger Management Community
Angry all the time...

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

Angry all the time...

Hi all,
I think I know why I am so darn angry all time but thought I'd get it all out! plus what to do? I have no idea...
To back track..when I was little we were taught to not question adults, you do not argue period....as a teenager I was so shy and anti social, well...in high school I did have some really good friends but at about age 17 I would run and hide in my bedroom if someone came over, I was so "scared" of everything, my dad was an alcoholic, my mom to this day says she thought I was just "normal"..it wasn't normal....all through my 20's I could hardly speak to people, it became so bad I would literally freeze with fear...and people stomped all over me, I said nothing.,...now I'm in my 40's and can talk to people, but...I am sooooo angry all the time and I mean all the time!! I am ready to pounce!!

After years of being treated so badly by people, incuding all my own family, and getting blamed if I dare retaliate....eg: my sister who I've not seen in years and called me about our mother being ill...she just HAD to say something mean to me.....our brother can be the biggest *** yet she favors him......I let those 2 go years ago...no good...
I've gone completely the other way, if someone says something nasty to me my anger level rises to an all time high!
I keep telling myself..calm down but I can't...I scream and rant and rave on and on until I'm exhausted, in the car I pound the darn steering wheel....I hate being this way....I want to be a different person...anyway..on that note I'm saying hi to everyone and hopefully I can learn something by being on here! :)
I'm no doctor, and I'd suggest you speak to yours for a proper diagnosis.  If he/she will not diagnose your problems, I bet he/she would suggest you go see a mental health professional that could diagnose and treat mental health issues.

From your description, it does sound as if you have some anger issues but I'd guess that the problem lies much deeper than just being mad.  You'd need to find out why you're mad in order to properly treat this illness.  In a good therapy session, you will find out what part of the brain is affected and how it works and creates the anger you feel.  You will be taught some things to address the anger yourself.  I know I have had a great deal of success, and I thought I was a lost cause.  (Turns out that I was an easy egg to crack with my therapist... proper diagnosis right off the bat and effective therapy right off the bat)  This is important, so don't wait.  Seek some medical attention.  This is very treatable, and if it's not treated it can be totally debilitating.

Treatments can consist of therapy/counseling sessions and medication.  My suggestion is, see a mental health care professional, tell your entire story.... get it all out there, and move forward from there.
Maybe you need to take an anger-management course. Take some classes to work through your anger issues. Anger is normal but not when it is all the time. Anger management classes can also sometimes be paid through your insurance but be sure to ask all those questions when looking for a good anger management class.