Anger Management Community
Angry what should I do?

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

Angry what should I do?

I've been wanting to go to this concert for about a year now, I saved up enough money for me and my sis to go. The tickets are expensive, and tbh I think we deserve to treat ourselves to something we both enjoy. I saved all the money by selling items that I bought on my own at the time, and sold them to ebay. You don't know how happy I was that I saved all my money on my own to possibly buy these tickets. My grandmother found out somehow how much I saved and told me that it's a waste of money, and not to buy the tickets. And now that she knows I have this amount she wants me to help her with bill and things. I'm upset I can't believe this, do you think it's right of her to actually look and see how much money I saved? And should I not buy tickets for this event. I'm just upset.... :(. I'm 20, I go to college, I take care of my grandmother, I don't ask for anything in return. What do you think of the situation? And what should I do? I'm depressed right now, cause she called me mean names, and told her to leave her alone. Now I feel bad...I got diagnosed with something that turned my world upside down about 1 year ago. I thought it would be nice for me to end my summer with an awesome concert! I made all this money for a reason.
No, it's not right, and she has NO right to tell you what to do with your money.  There are more appropriate people to ask for help if she even needs it from than her 20-year-old grandchild.  Unless your parents or her other children regularly help her, I'm calling her bluff and saying she just is scared you're going to get killed or have sex or do drugs just because you're going to a concert.  You say you are already helping her.  That's enough.

Tell her that you love her and if she is ever in dire need, you would help her financially but that she is not and you know it and that you and your sister have been wanting to do this and you're going to the concert.  Yes, they're expensive, but I'm sure you're not just throwing money around regularly.
Do you live with her?  If not, she does not have a right to expect money from you.
That's a tough one.  On one hand, you want to go have some fun.  On the other hand, you take care of Grandma and now she wants you to use your fun money to help with bills.  Is there any middle ground here?  Can you go to the concert and still have enough money left over to help with bills?  It is very well-known that caregivers of the elderly or disabled must have a break from it sometimes.  Maybe if you find someone nice that could keep Grandma company while you go to the concert, then she might be nicer about it.  She may just not want to be left alone, or may be afraid that you wont come back. - Blu
Thank you so much for the input that means a lot. Unfortunalty not, but I asked my therapist about, and she said that I should go and enjoy my life the WAY I want to, but after I save up money to spend some on grandma. I told my grandmother yesterday, and she agreed.... So I get to go I'm so HAPPY! haha. But thank you guys for all the input!
yes I live with her, but I do all the things, that she can't for her she has trouble walking, so I'm mainly do daily things for her like cleaning, shopping, outside work, and I go to college full time.
Yeah I agree to what you say. My therapist said the same thing. My grandmother is the type of person that worries A LOT.... financially, she wrote down all the numbers to show me how much she makes and then what happens to all the money after it pays the bills, to convince me not to go to the concert. She has memorized it which it's crazy, IDK how anyone can remember those things like it's nothing. My Aunt supports her financially right now (makes a ton of $), and grandma does her half as well. But my therapist said I should go enjoy myself, and if I ever have some money to give to grandma which is what I plan to do if I have leftovers. Thank you guys!