Anger Management Community
Can't control sudden anger

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

Can't control sudden anger

Hey, I'm a 19 yr old female with some questions since I was little I've always been angry but the older I get the more it builds up inside. I've tried writing about it going on walks counting to 10 ect. All those will work but either momentarily or temporary (like a month or two) lately Iv just been waking up angry for no reason and I stay angry the whole day, so my question is is something wrong with me? And how can I change this? I don't want to be angry but sometimes I just can't help but get really mad. Anything helps
First try talking to your general doctor about it if you have one.  It could be many factors:  stress, your environment, hormones, mental health.  It could also be that you're just young, passionate and emotional--which can lead to feeling frustrated, confused and angry.  It's great that you give yourself healthy outlets for your anger and it's always good to look for more.  Try yoga (it cured my road rage, lol), eat right (I cut out my late-night snacks and I wake up feeling refreshed instead of mad) and keep good people around you!

Thank you:)I never really thought about those factors especially stress. I'm starting to think that it's mainly stress cause I work two jobs & is trying to enroll back into school. :0 I have never tired yoga before but at this point it couldn't hurt. How did you overcome any thoughts of anger mid day? Cause that's when I feel like I'm about to just expold on someone ( and sometimes I do:/)
I'd agree.  Speak with your primary care physician and have him/her point you in the direction of a good therapist.

From my own experience, you sound a bit depressed.  I used to wake up mad all of the time... (what a way to ruin a good day, eh?)  What needs to happen is you need to get to the bottom... get to the root of the problem.  Then and only then, it is addressable.  I'd guess that you can still practice anything that seems to work, and exercise is always a good thing.  Make sure you're eating right, getting some time in the sun, drinking a lot of water, and exercise.
Wow, two jobs AND school?  That could definitely be a source of stress!  Mid-day may be problematic for a few reasons:

-Just after lunch, your body's digesting, which can make you feel sleepy and tired (and I know I'M a BIG grouch when I'm tired!)
-I've heard before that we sometimes release Melatonin (a natural hormone we produce that promotes drowsiness) in the afternoon.

During those times, I'd suggest either surrounding yourself with upbeat people that you like and trust (less likely to lash out if you feel comfortable and safe) or trying to find a quiet, relaxing place to work on things that make you happy and feel good.

You seem to be aware of some of your anger-triggers and what's problematic for you--which is great!!  Recognizing behavior/feelings that can be destructive to your life and well-being is a great first-step to getting it under control.

Some things we're just born with (high levels of testosterone can increase aggression).  Other things can arise from the way we're brought up, traumas we experience, our sensitivity to environments, etc.  Just like Brice1967 said, knowing the "why's-and-how's" can help you to identify the root of your behavior and what it takes for you to have a better quality of life! :D
I just turned 60 and I have been having problems with anger the last 4 days. It actually started before my birthday. I got upset at work, and felt like was losing control. I forced myself to calm down and stayed at work with no problems. Ever since this happened, I felt agitated, with a slight headache. I think its tension in the back of my neck causing the headache because it feels like tension and tightness. Anyway, I haven't been to the doctor because of my work schedule, and it it doesn't get better soon, I will go in, But, I have been doing some digging about this, and one of the things I have  found is that depression can cause feelings of anger. I don't know if I am depressed but I'm willing to explore that possibility, Also, hormones can be the cause as well. It could also be that I am frustrated with things at work and in my life and I need to get a handle on those things. Today, I started taking my vitamin B stress tabs, in hope that might help. I know it won't hurt. If this has helped anyone, or if anyone has some input for me, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
my old psychologist had this awesome machine that clipped to your earlobes and it had an electrical currant running though it and it helped me with a lot of problems its called and alpha stim scs machine and it worked wonders but since i moved a year and a half ago i haven't been able to get one they are expensive look it up it won't shock you or anything I hoped this helped