Anger Management Community
Long term anger

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

Long term anger

My 39 year old daughter has had anger issues for 15 years. She got divorced and I found out my husband an
affair and I wanted him to go but he wound't so I went and my husband stayed. She didn't know about the affair. I was a mess. She stayed with  her dad and  I was away having counseling. She lived with us for a year then moved to
another town. When we are together something starts the raging . Often a comment from her current husband
About what i said to her. Now it has escalated to her teen age years. She doesn't say what the issues are but just rages
I think she is having some health issues related to her anger. Exaution,face and neck flush, axiaty,fear of flying.
I asked her a couple if she would go to a family  counseler with me and she refused. I think is esentual  now
My daughter is 35. She has some kind of contempt for me that I can't understand. She makes snide disrespectful remarks to me. It's obvious that she baits me and deliberately tries to start arguements. When we try to converse she talks overtop of me. I'm sorry I have no advice. I just wanted to say you are not alone in your struggles with your daughter.
All you can do is tell her that you divorced your husband because he had had an affair, and it left you a mess at that time, and then repeat you would be glad to go to counseling together.  Other than that, there is nothing to do to help an adult through her own anger issues.  They are her problem, not yours, I am sorry to say.