Anger Management Community
Need Advice

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

Need Advice

I have a friend who occasionally goes into violent rages. What can I do when confronted by someone whose anger is out of control?
Basically, you want to get away from this person until they calm down.  Do whatever you must to get away and/or protect yourself.  Call 911 if it's really bad and you need help.  I am concerned about why you are friends with someone who might hurt you?  Blessings - Blu
Run for it.  It will
(a) save you and
(b) let the the person see the effects of their outbursts.  
Don't go back until you are sure the person is not mad.
In order to give you a more precise and useful answer, I would like to know:
(1) what kind of relationship you have with your friend. I mean, are close friends, do you see each other often, or you work together, etc. The reason I say that is because I want to know how much are you invested in this friendship. Your reaction to his/her violent rages depends on how much you care about being with/around that person.
And (2) -what are the circumstances in which these violent rages occur. Are they directed toward you? Is there any alcohol consumption involved?
Cosmin
I would say try to calm them down but of that doesn't work just walk away. I mean there's nothing much you can do. Of they listen to you when your trying to calm them down great, but if they get angrier and more violent them give your friend some space till they get themselves together.