Anger Management Community
Please help me

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

Please help me

My 6 yr old daughter has some serious anger issues, she's only in the first grade and she's already been suspended from school a few times for fighting her teacher, hitting other children, and just being completely out of control. Now my issue with this is one minute she'll be the sweetest child on earth and the next minute she'll just snap it's like Jekyll and Hyde and this is really stressing me out please help me
See a counselor who specializes in children's issues.  Is there any chance she is being harmed and you don't know?
We've already done that
My cousin was like that when he was young and the doctor put him on ritalin and changed his life for the better
"We've done that"?  One trip?  Have you looked into 2nd and 3rd opinions?  Keep in mind, this is your childs health.  
I'm with you, brice.  I said, "See a counselor who specializes in children's issues," and asked "Is there any chance she is being harmed and you don't know?"  and the poster said "We've already done that," end of answer.  It does sound like one time the poster talked to one therapist.  Sorry, but if your child is in this much distress, it sounds like either she has a problem that medication and some therapy would assist with, or that she is being abused, hurt, bullied, or is lost in some way (such as with a life upheaval, loss of parent, or other feeling of loss of safety.)  "We've already done that" doesn't really cover the second part of the question at all, which is where I would begin to look.  Kids rarely act the way you are describing, with fighting and being suspended at age 6, for no reason.  Is someone hurting her? is what I am asking.  Your post says she has "serious anger issues," as though this is all her problem.  Kids don't get to serious anger issues at age 6 (!) in isolation.  What has been happening to her?  Only when you address the causes squarely, can you solve the problem.  
It really doesn't matter how i answered the question, im not gonna sit here and go through each and every doctor we've been to and the methods and techniques We've tried your opinions don't mean enough for me to do that. The only reason i posted this was to see if anyone knew of any methods or techniques i haven't tried, im not gonna take the easy way out and medicate my baby so she'll be zombied out all day. So if you all don't know of any techniques kindly excuse yourself from this post thank you God bless and have a wonderful day
Nobody is telling you to "zombie out your baby."  If you have no intention of telling all the things you have tried, how can anyone offer you suggestions when you say you want to see if anyone knows any techniques or methods you haven't tried?  Sorry, but you have to throw people a bit more information if you want useful help.  Here is my suggestion.  I don't think your daughter has anger issue, I think she is in pain.  Take that as a different line of inquiry.  Pain does not respond to techniques and methods, it responds to removing the source of the pain.

Good luck and God Bless.
We don't know you or your situation.  The only thing we can assume is what you are telling us, and it was a little vague.

And it does matter how you answered the question.  How can anyone offer any suggestions unless they know what's going on.

You sound like your protecting your daughter, and I guess I understand that.  Most modern medicines don't "zombie" people out.  There are some that do, and those are typically used in the most extreme cases.

Nobody can accurately help or even offer help unless they know what is going on.  If you intend on getting professional help, you owe it to your daughter to be as forth right as possible.  In order to do that, you'll have to expose everything that is going on and look into all potential problems.

There isn't enough space on this board to sit and hypothesize what may or may not be wrong with your child and surely not enough space to sit and give thousands of potential ideas on what to do.  

She could have a food allergy, she could be being abused, she could have suffered some trauma when you were not around, she could have a psychiatric disorder....It could be any of that and a thousand other things. none of that can be properly diagnosed without a thorough medical work up.

If it were me, I'd do everything I could to find help.  I would talk to as many doctors as I could until I found something that might work, and even then I would get a second opinion.

This is your childs health we are talking about.  You don't need to be so defensive... people are trying to help you and you're biting their heads off.