Random Rage
So, I have this cycle that seems to repeat itself every once in a while. Generally I'm a pretty relaxed person, and the first to crack a joke, and the first to laugh at a joke somebody else tells. Every few months though, I feel sudden uncontrollable bursts of rage that persist for hours before finally subsiding. People who I liked I suddenly find myself lashing out at without regards for what it will do to relationships. I can't help but feel like I'm sabotaging my own life, and that alone is cause for concern. The outbursts have been going on sporadically since I was about eight, so nine years now. I've been to counsellors before, but never really taken anything from it. I was never abused as a child, and I've led a fairly normal life except for my outbursts, which everybody who knows me closely has had first hand experience with.

I'm looking for any insight that people may have, maybe people who have had the same problem as this who found a way to get over it are willing to provide some. That's all for now, thanks in advance.
when you were a child did anyone ever take you to task for you outbursts of anger, or have they  since you are older. The reason i ask this is because you say you never got anything out of counceling the whole 9 years, it seems you are going to have to do it yourself, and try to control the anger  luck  jo
Do you notice anything that might be triggering these outbursts?  Like stress, or crowds of people?  You might have an anxiety problem.  I used to do the same when I was frustrated I would lash out at the people closest to me.  I knew I was doing it and I knew I was being horribly mean and it was like I couldn't stop.  My doctor suggested an anti anxiety medication and it worked.  I only took it for a few months and then decided to stop and I starting doing yoga and other meditation things and it has helped so much
good luck