Anger Management Community
anger? Understatement

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

anger? Understatement

I already am on anxiety medication.... i cant control my anger with my friends, family, kids, whoever... spoke with a counselor she wanted me to write down when i got mad how long i was mad and the reason for me being angry... i threw the papers back on her desk and walked out.. anyone have any tips to help?
Just some ideas:

Maybe the meds you are on are the wrong ones.  A friend of mine takes Celexa and another takes Zoloft, both for the same kind of problem, and each came to their choice by trial and error (or, to put it more accurately, error and trial).  You might talk to the doc who prescribed what you are on and ask about the dosage and the intended effect, and point out that it isn't working much.

You threw the papers on the desk because that was too laborious, or you felt challenged, or it seemed too slow, or what?  Just like medications, finding the right counselor is part of the trick to getting out of a place where you really don't want to be stuck.  Try another professional, if this one is not connecting with you.

In my life, I get angry more rapidly when more basic underlying things are not going right.  Then someone says something and I blow up about that little thing, but the bigger thing is what's keeping me on edge in the first place.  Do you have any basic, existential problem going on, like for example worry about job, house or money, or being in an unhappy spot in your marriage?  Bigger worries, whether one tries to blow them off or not, will come out in reactions to smaller things.

Is that your photo, or Charlize Theron's?  If you, jeez louise, congratulations on being so pretty.  That's one thing you don't get to be angry about.  :)
No that's not my pic...  I was mentally and physically abused by my first husband and it did a lot of damage... I was told by my doc that I was bipolar but I don't believe that... It's more rage than anger and I get defensive with everything... I threw the papers back down because to me it was humiliating and I felt like a child.. I've had a tremendous amount of depression lately... It's like I'm a ticking time bomb and the fuse is almost out..
Well, a couple of ideas then.  First off is getting help to solve the issue, and that is counseling and meds, and if your counseling and meds aren't doing it, a different counselor and different meds.  Second is that you need something to defuse immediate possible explosions.  Can you:  run?  Box?  (Hit a punching bag, that kind that hang up and look sort of pear shaped?)  Chop wood?  In other words, something you can do that is very physical and can happen right when you think of it.
You know that's not a bad idea.... I've tried everything else why not try and find something that I can do when I get that angry... Thanks I think I may try that...