Anger Management Community
getting mad at kids

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

getting mad at kids

I am a work from home mum of 2 kids aged 4 years (girl) n 5 years old (boy). basically i hv them get ready for school at 8am. then do some household chores within the hour. i am.so stressed with work as a graphic designer n organizer that sometimes it takes a complete day to do things. i hv to pick up the kids at 1:30pm...then the frustration starts as they dont let me work. they seek my attention most of the time...n will ask for things to eat n play. they will come near me and bug me. n wont let me talk on the phone with clients. i get really frustratd an start yelling at them. sometimes will b to a extreme. which i hate myself for doing after i hv done so. they sometimes make me cry too. my husband works part time. n he is usually sitting on the computer or watching tv. hv no family which seems not a really healthy family. i get pissed off at him n yell at him for the same. i need to get my life back to track. want to spend time with kids...i get mad at almost everyone without a reason...i need some advise on wat to do....makes me upset not being able to love my kids like i wanted to..
Hi and welcome. This is the problem with a home office. I would set some rules with everyone including your husband. Tell them that if they want you to be a success and continue to bring in money to buy them the things they want and need, then they must give you some space. Put more responsibility with your husband to watch the kids while your working. When its time for work, tell them your going to lock the office door and cant be disturbed for a certain time period while your husband is home. Set some rules
I wouldn't work from the home.  The kids are young and of course they want you.  They are going to grow up with their primary memory of you as of an angry mommy who was always yelling at them.  Find a way, share office space, sub-let from another graphics artist, or something, but work from somewhere out of the house.  You must sound very tense and stressed with clients, and if they hear kids' voices in the background when you are trying to talk to them, it looks unprofessional.  None of this is going to enhance or grow your business.  
Holy cow, hard for me to read.  The kids would be better off at a day care facility than this situation.  I can't imagine a 4 year old and 5 year old NOT bothering you constantly.  That's what that age does.  And if isn't fair to them to be in trouble for being normal kids and wanting mom's attention.  

You may reget down the road letting this precious time with your kids pass you by.  Some day they may tell you to leave THEM alone and it will sting.  
good luck
Thank you for sharing and giving ideas here. I hv tried today to get things to track. i had a very good.day compared to.any other. Had done most of the work in the morning. had the kids home from school, gave them lunch, did homework with them.spending time with them is a good deal..thats when.they dont bug me much. just realised they r a precious gem. I got plenty of time to talk qwith the clients and get the designs done. I just dont want to think that i dont love them. need to get on track as being a mum n a designer.
thank u all for shraing ur thoughts.
I feel for you and for your kids and I so agree with all the comments here.
Certain professions are hard to do from home and graphic design is definitely one of them with all the deadlines and focus.

I work all my overtime from home but realized early on neither my child nor I nor my productivity can survive if I do this during everyone else`s waking hours. So I have shifted the overtime chunk of work to the wee morning hours. It is a killer but the only thing that works.
Sometimes the nights are too short to wrap up a project and my son gets irritated when I yell "I`ll be there in a second" for 20 minutes... - that`s not a situation he or I could bear on a daily basis.

Sounds like you are finding solutions. That`s good!