inlaws and stepkids need 2 vent
Ok I am 23 a mom of 2 and am 21 wks pregnant. I also have a step daughter who is 6 yrs old only a yr younger than my son. My husband and I have been married for 3 yrs. I am always so angry at his mother because she is always telling me to treat my step like I do my own kids but when she needs to b punished she gets mad at me for even saying anything to her.  How am I supposed to treat her like my own if I have no room to discipline her. Yet my monster in law thinks she shud b able to spank my kids uh uh it not gonna happen. It has got 2 the point where it is affecting my marriage and relationship with my step. I have gotten so fed up with her always acting like I am only supposed to take care of step but that's it that now I don't even want to have anything to do with the child. My son doesn't understand y she is allowed to get away with practically every thing and he gets fussed at all the time. Then my in law had the nerve to tell her daughter not to ask me to watch her baby well her exact words were "you don't need to ask her for anything" she basically made me out 2 be a bad mom and not trustworthy enough to watch the bab
Hi and welcome. My opinion? Keep communication with her to a minimum. She got her nose in your life and there is enough personalities already without having her negativity. And pitting your husband against his mom will only make things worse.
This is all to common when you allow others to try controlling you and thats what shes trying to do. Just live your life with your hubby and the children and keep the inlaws only for special occasions.
Thanx it seems a littke easier said than done tho. Because for rite now we are living in her house so I have to see her everyday. I jus don't kno how to handle it anymore and yes I have already saw that it does just make things worse when my husband gets involved.
really make a joint plan to save and get your own house together.
good luck
dave