Anger Management Community
mother daughter relationship

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

mother daughter relationship

I have a horrible relationship with my mother. I am 19 year old, suffer from anxiety and depressions, and I believe to have endometriosis. I definetly have anger issues and I believe it gets extremely worse around my period. I love my mom to death, but we can get along. I flip out for.no good reason towards her. She is extremely over protective of me.and I find her to be very annoying and very judgmental at times. She says that because I don't believe in god, that I am miserable. I don't believe that. I believe to get my anger from my dad and I definetly get my anxiety.from my mom. I developed (well I believe to have anxiety my whole life but it got worse last year) my anxiety was so bad that I didn't eat and I ended up losing 60lbs in 3 months. My mom tells me to stop worrying but she just spray understand.
I want my realtionahip with my mom to get better. I scream and curse at her and I really don't want to treat my mom that why. I'm in desperate need of help.
I also have a very bad relationship with one of my sisters. We cannot be on the same.room together. My mom always blames me for getting into fights with my sister. But I get really angry at my sister because she takes my clothes without asking and ruins them. I know, pathetic. But my mom doesn't do anything about it. She just tells me to leave my sister alone because she is going through a hard time (boyfriend issues) but I told my mom that I have waaay more.problems then my sister. I have terrible self esteem ( I hate my body.and think I'm unattractive) typical girl issues but my has gotten to the point where I have been to pro Ana sites and am considering to go on crash diets. I know its bad but I just want to lose weight. I have horrible anxiety and depression. I ttold my mom that I don't care if I walk outside and get hit by a bus. My mom does absolitley nothing about it. She just tells me to stop saying those things. But how can I stop when that's how I feel? I am also seeing a psych and taking paxil and clonazepam for anxiety.
I am 19 years old and I should not be saying these things and I should not be suffering like this. I cry almost everyday. I should be having fun, going put with friends, etc.
I am screaming for help and no one is answering. Please answer me. I need help on my relationship woth my mom. I believe that she plays a major role in how I act towards her. I also believe that,, if I do have it, endometriosis is playing a significant role on this as.well.
I am also an equestrian. I ride horses and I believe that horses have healed me through other difficult points in my life, ex: both grandparents dying a few hours a part, having to live with my aunt upstate and go to a new school, helping me with my anxiety, anger and depression. And the list.can go on forever....unfortunatley I have not been actively riding for a year now. I believe that if I get back into it, the horses will heal me and I won't have to take meds anymore. I also feel like a freak for taking meds. I told my mom and psychologist that I think I belong in a mental hosspital bc I feel like a freak and a crazy lunatic at times. Again....my mom blew me off.
please help. I know I am at fault here but I believe my mom lays a part in the way I am.
p.s. if you want to know I have anxiety because I am afraid of getting sick and going into the hospital.
Please excuse my spelling. I wrote this on my phone
Are you currently seeing a therapist?
You aren't on depo are you are some other form of birth control.  Because, i know from experience that being on birth control especially the depo shot can make you go mental on everyone and make you feel very depressed!
I am going to start taking Lo Loestrin Fe once my period starts. It should be here in a few days. I can already feel the cramps starting and my hormones raging through my body. I am becoming emotional and angry for stupid reasons. I feel terrible. My gyno says that I am not ovulating which is causing me to produce a lot more testosterone. I still believe I have endometriosis just because every symptom I have matches the symptoms for that and not the other
I know that your going to a therapist and that is good. Can you not include your mother in counseling? I'm sure that it would serve you well if you want to mend the relationship as well as figure out what role she plays in your anxiety depression and anger issues. Keep working on your issues and find peace for yourself. Google and start reading everything that you can on the subject. Here some advice about anger management that might help you. Best of luck girl,  Expressing Anger
The instinctive, natural way to express anger is to respond aggressively. Anger is a natural, adaptive response to threats; it inspires powerful, often aggressive, feelings and behaviors, which allow us to fight and to defend ourselves when we are attacked. A certain amount of anger, therefore, is necessary to our survival.
On the other hand, we can't physically lash out at every person or object that irritates or annoys us; laws, social norms, and common sense place limits on how far our anger can take us.
People use a variety of both conscious and unconscious processes to deal with their angry feelings. The three main approaches are expressing, suppressing, and calming. Expressing your angry feelings in an assertive—not aggressive—manner is the healthiest way to express anger. To do this, you have to learn how to make clear what your needs are, and how to get them met, without hurting others. Being assertive doesn't mean being pushy or demanding; it means being respectful of yourself and others.
Anger can be suppressed, and then converted or redirected. This happens when you hold in your anger, stop thinking about it, and focus on something positive. The aim is to inhibit or suppress your anger and convert it into more constructive behavior. The danger in this type of response is that if it isn't allowed outward expression, your anger can turn inward—on yourself. Anger turned inward may cause hypertension, high blood pressure, or depression.
Unexpressed anger can create other problems. It can lead to pathological expressions of anger, such as passive-aggressive behavior (getting back at people indirectly, without telling them why, rather than confronting them head-on) or a personality that seems perpetually cynical and hostile. People who are constantly putting others down, criticizing everything, and making cynical comments haven't learned how to constructively express their anger. Not surprisingly, they aren't likely to have many successful relationships.
Finally, you can calm down inside. This means not just controlling your outward behavior, but also controlling your internal responses, taking steps to lower your heart rate, calm yourself down, and let the feelings subside.