Anger Management Community
new ways to deal
About This Community:

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

new ways to deal

Hi,

I just have a general question, what are some good, healthy ways to deal with anger when it comes up?  Either anger triggered by someone else or anger that seems to come out of nowhere?

Thanks in advance!
Blank
Exercise, vigorous exercise can work wonders.  Anything that normally makes you happy is a good start.  Dancing, painting, walking in the sun.... walking in the rain, sitting in a quiet spot and sucking in all of the sounds.  

Some folks like to journal.  It allows them to track the triggers and later look back on their anger and where it came from.  This allows one to avoid those situations or to have a moment and realize them for what they are.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Exercise, vigorous exercise can work wonders.  Anything that normally makes you happy is a good start.  Dancing, painting, walking in the sun.... walking in the rain, sitting in a quiet spot and sucking in all of the sounds.  

Some folks like to journal.  It allows them to track the triggers and later look back on their anger and where it came from.  This allows one to avoid those situations or to have a moment and realize them for what they are.
Blank
2030769_tn?1343651274
thank you, those are all great ideas.  I want to get myself prepared for the next time my mood wants to try to take me down.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Anger Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...