Anger Management Community
new ways to deal

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

new ways to deal

I just have a general question, what are some good, healthy ways to deal with anger when it comes up?  Either anger triggered by someone else or anger that seems to come out of nowhere?

Thanks in advance!
Exercise, vigorous exercise can work wonders.  Anything that normally makes you happy is a good start.  Dancing, painting, walking in the sun.... walking in the rain, sitting in a quiet spot and sucking in all of the sounds.  

Some folks like to journal.  It allows them to track the triggers and later look back on their anger and where it came from.  This allows one to avoid those situations or to have a moment and realize them for what they are.

thank you, those are all great ideas.  I want to get myself prepared for the next time my mood wants to try to take me down.