Anger Management Community
please answer me this...

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

please answer me this...

I have always had an anger issue. Now I am in my 40s and in danger of completely destroying my marriage. Over the years (13) we have had big arguments that seemingly just happen. The latest incident occurred last weekend. When we fight, I never get physical. I never call her out of her name but I do get lound and I tend to use expletives. She says it depletes her when I yell but I am never aware of that because the reason why I'm yelling is because she will talk over me or dismiss my opinion on whatever we are arguing about. she says a man should under no circumstance yell at a woman. I tend to agree unless she's yelling too...am I wrong? I know whether I'm wrong or right, she's not putting up with this any longer. Any thoughts....please?
Tags: angry
Man, I know what you're going through.  I bet my wife does too.  It's a horrible cycle and the best advice I can give is this.... (Are you seeing a therapist?  If not, do so.)

You can only be in control of what you say and do.  I know full well when an argument ensues, we want to be right.  We need to be right in order to feed our ego.  What I realize in some of the arguments I've had with my wife is, often, we are both right.  Its a matter of perception and both of us are making valid points.

But we get worked up trying to prove our points....

About yelling.... is it right to yell at a woman?  Probably not, and it usually solves nothing.  It is also not right for her to yell at you either.  It too serves no purpose and further incites the other side.  That is a "practice what you preach" situation.  If she doesn't want you to yell at her, she should not yell at you.

Please seek the help of a good therapist.
All men are in the same boat but i find the more money i bring in the nicer she is. Also i Patented a new product last month and will be launching it with great  success right around the corner. I know the yelling will stop altogether then unless i goof something up. Women look at men as providers and the providing is not limited to any one thing. We have to provide all their needs. This started way back in the caves. Also since the womens lib movement it got worse.