Anger Management Community
so angry

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

so angry

im so angry with my life i cry all the time i worry constantly and am scared daily. first i had a car accident that left me in a wheelchair for years and just when i was recovering and getting better i had a stroke. im worried for my future all the time. im in so much pain and on disabilityim scared that when i recover from this stroke i wont beable get a job as ive not worked in years because of tge bad stuff happening to me. eg accident and stroke. i have no self esteem and no self worth anymore and am starting to worry and get angery at my family as im so stressed out. im scared for my future and worry all tge time about irellivant stuff i know im depressed and ive got a son who i wabt to provide for but i dont think im strong enough hold down a job full time anyway. im a single mum with no support at all and noone to babysit or gelp out if i did get a job. im at a loss and latley been so down i dont wanna wake up in the morning.
You are in a tough spot, and I am sorry for that.  I know what it's like to feel helpless, useless, etc.  It is such a lonely spot....

There are a lot of things you can do, but I'd start with your primary care physician.  He/she knows you better than anyone.  There is abundant help out there in the from of therapy, groups, and even medication.  Your physician is the perfect place to start, so check there.  Be upfront and totally truthful.

I think it is a great first step that you reached out here.  So many people who are depressed just sit and stew, not acknowledging that there is indeed a problem.  You've done that, and its a big step... good for you!

There are positives in this, and I think you need to concentrate on the small victories.  You're still here, that means you aren't done on this globe!  Focus on the small positives and try working on your perception.  Work on being a "glass half full" person over the "glass half empty" person.  Acknowledge everything... dissect it all, and you'll begin to find small positives in things that would otherwise seem negative.

Deepak Chopra... have you heard of him?  His teachings run along the line of the Buddhist lifestyle.  No, reading this doesn't mean you are becoming a buddhist... it is a level of acceptance, a way of moving on, and its all about perception.  (If we give ourselves a chance to really look at things, we can better accept them.  As humans (especially ones who are depressed) we tend to rush to the worst case scenarios.)  

Dr. Chopra has over 100 books out there.  Most are really affordable and he writes in a style that even guys like me can understand.  The books are short but so insightful.

See your doctor and check out Dr. Chopra's writings.  I think that they are a wonderful combination, and know this... what you are going through is treatable and hundreds of thosands of people are getting help, like the help you need.  It is doable.

Good luck!
Thanks for ur reply.ive been to my doc about dome weird stuff thats going on with my body like my feet are ice cold constantly and numbness and tingling spreading up my legs and he checked my feet snd said" god there freezing" and that was it. He dont take me on and never has. I went to him for two and a half years with bad migrsine before i had the stroke and he gave me headache pills for the whole yime. I asked for a brain scan s hundred times and he said" its just a headache take these pills it will sort it out" he dont seem care much. I will look into these books. Thanks again.
It's time to look for a new doctor.  Concerning your condition, you should be receiving some specialized care, pertaining to the stroke especially.  That is care your primary care physician is not capable of giving.  I would go to this doctor... tell him the issues and ask him for advice.

There are so many "doctors" out there that assume because "this happened, you need these" or "since you are now 50 years old, you should be doing this"....  Those are the worst doctors in the world.  Any doctor who works only based on statistical information is not really a doctor.....  A doctors job is to find out what is ailing you and treat you as an individual.  That's why prescriptions come in different doses.  That's why some therapies vary in duration.

My son was born with a seizure disorder that didn't manifest itself until he was 6.  Our doctor sent us to a specialist, the guy at the forefront of pediatric neurology in a neighboring state.  Our doc told us that this situation was out of his realm of practice, but would be able to do the follow up work and would work with this doctor, to get our son the best help out there.  We went through all kinds of testing... test upon test and returned every 6 months to repeat the same tests, have more scans etc.  

This doctor had a name for the disorder and discovered that it was common amongst toddlers through adolescence and happens when their minds and bodies are growing so rapidly, and at different intervals.  (Bottom line is, this is the only work this doctor did.  He was not a family practioner.)

Change doctors or check with a specialist.... help is there.
Ive been referred to a rhemy but when i went ge said i had chronic widespread pain syndrome simular to fibro. But ive asked people who have both these snd none of them have the tingling numbness and pain i have. Csnt undrrstand if they saying i have cwps when ive got diffrent things going on. Both people who have these condictions say they dont have these sx constantly. Only for a few seconds. Strange. Im going to ask my doc for some investigation into it if he refuses then im going to change doctors. Thsnks for your help.