Anger Management Community
topamax withdrawal symptoms: how long?
About This Community:

Welcome to the Anger Management community. This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

topamax withdrawal symptoms: how long?

Does anyone know how long topamax withdrawal side effects last? I had to get off, rather quickly, because I developed tremor, was suicidal (tried 2x), violently angry, depressed, etc.

On topamax for migraines and panic disorder, 400mg/day for about 5 years. Been off 14 weeks: experiencing mood swings, anger "attacks", insomnia, tremor, hair loss, depression, hot flashes (didn't even have those during menopause!).

Though these are decreasing, I'm still experiencing them. They were worse last week after I'd been taking Evening Primrose Oil (Wikipedia says that's a no-no with topamax).

Does anyone know how long these withdrawal symptoms will last? I read that someone had them for seven weeks, but she didn't list her dose. Someone else posted that it took her two years to reduce her dose because of the increasing symptoms when she was trying to stop topamax. Does anyone else know if there are any supplements which increase these bad side-effects, like flaxseed oil? Any information would be so very much appreciated.

Sometimes, because of the mood swings and the anger, I feel like I'm either losing my mind or have a brain tumor or something: which is exactly how I felt ON the topamax. When is this going to end?
Elizabetta Angelina