uncontrollable anger
My son has had anger issues since he was a young boy but now since he is approaching his teen years (12 yrs & 9 months of age) its getting worse & is even accompanied by disrespect now. I am a single parent & his dad isn't envolved n his life @ all...they haven't seen each other since he was 3 & he wants nothing to do with him (he was abusive 2 us both). I am @ my wits end & don't know what to do...how can I help him better manage his anger & get rid of the disrespect?
Professional help is necessary.  He has to realize that what he is doing is not okay.  That is often the tough nut to crack, so to speak.  I'm no doctor, but I'd bet that this has everything to do with the relationship with the father, or should I say lack of a relationship with his father.

A good starting point is your general physician.  He or she knows you both better than anyone else in the medical field, so its a great starting point.  He or she can pave the way for a healthy approach to dealing with this issue.

Again, your son is going to have to realize that this is a problem and HE is going to have to want to get some help.  Better now than court ordered down the road....  Are there times when he is approachable and you can talk about this issue?