Angina Community
10% heart function
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

10% heart function

If a person only has 10% heart function, can he get out of bed and walk? What is the expectancy to live.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1137980_tn?1281289046
What you are probably talking about Nicole is the EF % of the heart.  That is the ejection fraction that the docs look for to see how well your heart is pumping the blood in and out of the vessels and into the body....and yes someone could get out of bed and walk but it would be pretty difficult for them to do that for a long period of time because they would tire out so easily...no one on this earth could ever predict what a life expectancy is for anyone and that includes doctors because miracles happen every day however...if we are talking about a 10% EF without treatment all i can say is that time is not on anyones side w. that.  There are all kinds of things docs can do now w. lower EF's to extend life for people...i hope i have answered your question....good luck Nicole.....
Blank
Thank you so much for responding and answering my question. I now know more than when I asked and for that, thank you.  I know that miracles happen every day!
Blank
My Dad had a heart attack and stroke 3 weeks ago. We are told he only 10% heart function.Is there hope for him or should we prepare for his passing?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Angina Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank