10% heart function
If a person only has 10% heart function, can he get out of bed and walk? What is the expectancy to live.
What you are probably talking about Nicole is the EF % of the heart.  That is the ejection fraction that the docs look for to see how well your heart is pumping the blood in and out of the vessels and into the body....and yes someone could get out of bed and walk but it would be pretty difficult for them to do that for a long period of time because they would tire out so easily...no one on this earth could ever predict what a life expectancy is for anyone and that includes doctors because miracles happen every day however...if we are talking about a 10% EF without treatment all i can say is that time is not on anyones side w. that.  There are all kinds of things docs can do now w. lower EF's to extend life for people...i hope i have answered your question....good luck Nicole.....
Thank you so much for responding and answering my question. I now know more than when I asked and for that, thank you.  I know that miracles happen every day!
My Dad had a heart attack and stroke 3 weeks ago. We are told he only 10% heart function.Is there hope for him or should we prepare for his passing?