Alternative medicine
Mom has chf and copd and atrial fib.  She is on several meds for high blood pressure, beta blocker,  lasix and plavix and Zantac for gerd.  She has a pace maker and is on oxygen.  She has shortness of breath and fatigue.  She is burping a lot, but says she doesn't have chest pain.  What do you think is causing her to burp?  Could it be gas, or is it caused by her congestive heart failure?
I'm not a health professional but do have CHF.  When I'm having trouble breathing I tend to 'gulp' air and probably get some in my stomach, causing gas.  Also, I'll bet your Mom is taking Lisinopril which is famous for causing a cough, which encourages swallowing air.  I'd not worry about it unless she gets angina.
Thank you so much for posting your comment.  I agree with you.  I think air does get in the stomach when you are breathing fast and gulping air.  Mom's pulmonologist also said this could happen.  Mom is not on lisinopril because it did made her cough.  She has shortness of breath, and can't get around much.  She is on oxygen.  She takes albuterol and ipratoprium in a nebulizer.  We are looking into a naturapathic therapy along with western medicine.  Thank you again for giving your comment, it truly means so much to know someone cares.

I'd be very careful about mixing naturapthic/Chinese medicine with what your mom is taking.  My sister is was trained in China and is licensed in our state to practice as a natural medicine doctor, but discourages adding 'natural' meds with conventional meds.  In my situation, I'm balancing meds that control my potassium and sodium situation.  As an example, low potassium levels aren't good, but excess potassium can be fatal.  Same with Sodium.  When someone is in a situation of heart failure, I'd find a drug/supplement path and not mix it.  My sister suggests I stay with western medicine.  Natural/Chinese meds are great to prevent heart issues, but she reports that once someone has tipped the teeter-totter and has heart failure. the choice of most Chinese is western medicine. I hope this helps, but please keep us informed.