Angina Community
Angina or Anxiety? Please help.
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Angina or Anxiety? Please help.

Thank you for opening. Im a 19 year old male, was diagnosed with a Hiatal Hernia, and Reflux disease, not too bad, just take meds for that. However, It seems i always have chest pains, Really the anxious type! And when i came across Angina...well, more anxiety. I am out of breath most of the day, all of my doctors say thats just anxiety and hiatal hernia working together. However when reading up on Angina, i have a lot of the symptoms. :( Out of breath when excercising, frequent chest pain, and I woke up with chest pain this morning. It just kind of ruined my day. Im trying to use logic and tell myself everything is ok, 4-5 months ago I got checked out by my cardiologist, Holter monitor, Echocardiograms, Ekg's, Stress test, everything checked out great except for PVC's (palps) and I get those frequently, along with chest pain almost everyday. Should i be worried about Angina?! Please help.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Oh and im in great shape, excercise everyday eventhough its hard sometimes, I just push myself, thanks again.
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

At 19 years of age and normal cardio check-up, I see no reason for you to worry about angina. I would agree with your doctors that these are likely to be the hernia/ reflux and anxiety working together. Morning pains are more likely to be due to the former. You could try sleeping with the head end of the bed elevated and see if this helps improve your symptoms. You may also seek a review with your gastroenterologist for a review in your reflux medications.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Angina Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979