Angina Community
Angina pain usually the same
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Angina pain usually the same

I saw a cardiologist a few months ago. She said my symptoms didn't sound like angina because angina pain is usually the same each time it happens.

Does anyone have any views on her comment about angina or any evidence to support or disprove the comment?

Thanks.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
367994_tn?1304957193
Angina pectoris can be pain rediating down the left arm, back, neck, shoulder, chest discomfort, etc.  because there so many different variations and intensification, it seems logical the pain can vary. I have angina without medication, and it seems with exercise there is chest pain (but nytro relieves), and when in cold weather and some exertion there is shoulder pain. It is goes away with nitro or rest.
The doctor may mean that stable angina happens with exertion and there is relief with rest, and that would be consistant.  

That has been my experience. Hope this helps!  take care.

Ken
Blank
1137980_tn?1281289046
I don't know that i agree with your doctor because it is untrue that the pain that comes with angina is the same.  Alot depends on the cause and effect of the angina.  Obviously there is an issue with bloodflow and oxygen but then it has to be taken into consideration on the cause of the angina meaning is it plaque that is causing it, a clot that is causing it, a dilation that is causing it.  Each episode is independent of one another.  So that would be my view and to me makes alot of sense because whether it is plaque or clotting issue there is movement continually within our body cavity because of our circulation but again it is a cause and effect issue.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Angina Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank