Angina pain?..surgery 4 years ago
My husband is having pain that starts in his back and then goes to his chest.  He says that when the pain starts it feels like a knife being stabbed in his back. He had 4 bypasses done 4 years ago.  And he has had stents put in since then.  I took him to the er and the card. said it was angina pain.  But they did not do anything about it.  Well, the pain continues and he has several of his "episodes" in a week.  It is getting where it is almost every day that he has an "episode" and he is very week after it happens.  He also had lung surgery 3 years ago when they found he had lung cancer and went thru several rounds of chemo. He takes imdure (don't know if I spelled that right).  But this doesn't seem to be working.  What does he need to do?  He has gone to the doctor with no luck there.
Hi there!

Well, if the pain episodes are specifically diagnosed as angina and are not controlled by medications, he would need to be seen by a cardiologist for further evaluation regarding the current status such as an angiography/ echocardiography etc and suggestion of an appropriate management plan. I would suggest arranging an appointment with a cardiologist at your earliest convenience for the same.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!