Angina Community
Angina?

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Angina?

Hi Doc,

I periodically have left sided chest ache.  Directly over my left breast area.  No other accompanying symptoms.  In 2010 I had a Nuclear Stress Test performed.  Results: Negative.  In January of 2013 I visited a different Cardiologist and had another Nuclear Stress Test performed.  Results:  Negative.  However, an Echo was performed as well and I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse.  Could this explain the chest ache?  The discomfort is brought on by sudden bursts of activity, (though ramped up exercise such as running on a treadmill is not a problem.)  sudden stress, and after eating a meal that is terribly bad (albeit yummy) for me.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  I am a 41 year old male.  

Regards,
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Chest pain is the most common symptom in patients with MVP. This pain usually lasts for a few minutes or hours or even a few days. Its cause is not known. Most people do not need any treatment for mitral valve prolapse. It is possible that these symptoms could be related to stress. In that case an exercise program and relaxation techniques may help. It is suggested to consult a cardiologist. Medications such as a beta blocker are prescribed for chest pain or irregular heart rhythms. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Best luck and regards!