Angiogram Pain
I had an angiogram a week ago and they used a collagen plug to seal the femal artery.  I know people that have had angiograms and they had no pain.  After a week, I am still experiencing pain in the inject area.  Is this normal?
It is pretty common to still have pain in the insertion site.  The femoral artery is the largest in the body and usually when a catheter is inserted people experience pain and soreness and bruising for a couple of weeks after.  Generally docs tell you to "ice" it or place an ice pack on the sore site for a couple of intervals of every 20 minutes.  Not heat......ice.  What you should look out for is the insertion site becoming red, swollen, hot to the touch and if that happens you need to get ahold of the doctor.  The more you move about the less the pain as the area is worked out but i am sure that you were told no heavy lifting or strenuous exercise while the angio site is healing.  It would be very unusual to me anyway to not have pain in the ara of the site.  So yes its normal to still hurt and ice usually takes care of it for a week or so afterwards...good luck and call the doctor if any of the other symtoms pop up......
AFTER 5 DAYS I BLEW THE LEG ANGIOGRAM PLUG.  4 PTS OF BLOOD POURED INTO MY LEG.  IT HURT LIKE HELL .  THEY USED AN INSTRUCTMENT TO PUSH IT CLOSED AND TAPED IT DOWN.  THE BLOOD WENT TO MY ANKLE  AND 1 /2 WAY ACROSS MY BELLY  AND FEMALE PARTS.I LAY IN A HOSPITAL BED A WEEK-  "THIS NEVER HAPPENS- NEVER???????????"  EVERYONE WHO OPENED THE DOOR TOLD ME THAT .  BUT THERE I LAY-  ITS BEEN WEEKS AND I STILL HAVE A FOOTBALL SWELLING IN MY GROIN  AND BEHIND MY KNEE.  ITS DANGEROUS!  AND REMEMBER "IT NEVER HAPPENS"  hell