CHF and high TSH
I have just been diagnosed with congestive heart failure.  According to lab results, my TSH levels are very high, 65-75.  Normal is .3-3.  I got the impression that the CHF is responsible for the high TSH levels, but don't really understand how this all works.  I have been taking my Synthroid every day, EVERY day and my last lab value was within normal range.  Can anyone explain this?
I doubt CHF can cause low thyroid levels. Low thyroid levels can cause CHF, though.

TSH (thyreoidea stimulating hormone) is a substance your brain produces to increase thyroid hormone production. Levels of 65-75 are extremely high, are you sure this is correct? If they are, and you need synthetic thyroid hormones to keep your levels normal, the thyroid gland is working very poorly.

High TSH is, as far as I know, a sign of something, not dangerous by itself.

Low thyroid levels make every cell in your body less effective, including the heart, causing some sort of functional heart failure. As far as I know, this should be reversed when thyroid levels returned to normal.

But I'm no doctor, and I don't have so much knowledge on endocrinology.

You seem a little confused (and you are probably not any less confused after this, I suspect), and the best solution is getting an appointment with an endocrinologist, or a cardiologist. They can explain this in detail.