Can ischemic angina be reversed with diet and exercise?
Hi  - can angina be reversed with weight loss, healthy diet, low sodium and exercise? Or are medications, and medical interventions such as stents or heart bypass surgery the only way?
Hi Andrew i read your post...try to remember that angina is a symtom not a disease and is caused by other underlying factors.  That should help a little bit.  Generally its caused by a variety of things the most common lack of oxygen to the heart muscle.  So can it be reversed?  Most definately yes.  Lifestyle changes and what you have posted is one of the biggies for get relief from angina.  There is a great website at the MayoClinic.com under the heading of coronary artery disease and angina treatment options that actually lists for you some of the better lifestyle changes that you can do to improve your life and live comfortably w. the situation.  Were you diagnosed by a heart doc with angina?  Hope the referral was helpful...
hi cindy

thanks for your reply. Actually it's my father that was recently diagnosed so I was just trying to find out more. Thanks for the MayoClinic suggestion.