Angina Community
Can ischemic angina be reversed with diet and exercise?
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can ischemic angina be reversed with diet and exercise?

Hi  - can angina be reversed with weight loss, healthy diet, low sodium and exercise? Or are medications, and medical interventions such as stents or heart bypass surgery the only way?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1137980_tn?1281289046
Hi Andrew i read your post...try to remember that angina is a symtom not a disease and is caused by other underlying factors.  That should help a little bit.  Generally its caused by a variety of things the most common lack of oxygen to the heart muscle.  So can it be reversed?  Most definately yes.  Lifestyle changes and what you have posted is one of the biggies for get relief from angina.  There is a great website at the MayoClinic.com under the heading of coronary artery disease and angina treatment options that actually lists for you some of the better lifestyle changes that you can do to improve your life and live comfortably w. the situation.  Were you diagnosed by a heart doc with angina?  Hope the referral was helpful...
Blank
hi cindy

thanks for your reply. Actually it's my father that was recently diagnosed so I was just trying to find out more. Thanks for the MayoClinic suggestion.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Angina Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank